Aston Martin have let the Paris-based fashion company Colette have a go at modifying their Cygnet city car. The car, which is called ‘Cygnet & colette’, will be limited to just 14 examples. Aston Martin’s customisation gurus at the company’s Aston Martin Works Tailored facility will perform the surgery based on colette’s specifications.
Effectively what Aston Martin and colette have created is the world’s most expensive Toyota Aygo.
For your money, and you’ll need 48,996EUR ($70,000 / £44,000) before Aston will hand you the keys, you get a budget Toyota with an Aston Martin grille and badging, which has been nicely trimmed with soft quilted leather and throw cushions. Let me put that into perspective. For the same price you could buy an Audi S5 coupe, and still have enough money left over to celebrate the fact you didn’t buy the Cygnet & colette.
The additional features added to the Aston Martin Cygnet and Colette include:
- Stainless steel hand formed and engraved door handle badges
- ‘Cygnet & colette’ branded hand enamelled boot badging manufactured by Thomas Fattorini
- Quilted Alcantara sun visors to complement the quilted leather door and seat inserts
- Hand trimmed, quilted colette blue leather occasional cushions for the rear seats
- ‘Cygnet & colette’ branding on satellite navigation start up
- A unique ‘Cygnet & colette’ key ring machined from solid aluminium with blue enamelling
Of course most normal people won’t get what the Cygnet & colette is all about. Aston Martin knows that, and they don’t really care. As long as they can find 14 people with more money than sense they’ll be happy. And in this world they shouldn’t have a problem.
Source: Aston Martin