The Litestar and Pulse are enclosed motorcycles. Between
1985 and 1990 around 347 vehicles were made, the first
21 to be produced were called Litestars, later the name
was changed to Pulse.
The Litestar / Pulse uses two main wheels positioned at
the front and rear of the vehicle, as well as two smaller
outrigger wheels housed in the small winglets either side
of the cockpit. Due to the positioning of the stabilizing
side wheels only 3 wheels are in contact with the ground
at any one time.
Throughout the production run the Litestar and Pulse were
available with a range of engine sizes varying from a
250 cc engine to an 1200 cc engine in 1989. The 1200 cc
engine gave the Pulse a top speed of 130 + mph and a 0-60
mph time of just 6.7 seconds. Connected to the engine
was a 5 speed transmission with reverse.
The chassis of the Litestar Pulse consists of welded steel
tubing covered by a fibreglass shell. Inside the tandem-seat
cockpit of the Pulse were an AM-FM radio cassette, lights,
air conditioning, heater and custom upholstery.
The manufacturer, Owosso Motor Car Company of Owosso,
Michigan closed its factory in 1990 and there are no new
parts available for the Litestar or Pulse. However a dedicated
following of enthusiasts help ensure the existing Litestar
and Pulse remain operational.
- Litestar & Pulse Registry and Network