Vauxhall VXR8 took over where the Monaro
VXR left off. The biggest difference between the two cars
is that the VXR8 has four doors whereas the Monaro is a 2-door
coupe. Both cars are powered by the same 6.0-liter V8, but revisions
to the engine have made it even more efficient in the VXR8.
In the Vauxhall VXR8 this unit develops 420 bhp @ 6000rpm and
406 lb-ft of torque @ 4400rpm. The power is sent to the rear
wheels through a 6-speed manual gearbox, an automatic transmission
is available at extra cost. Equipped with the manual transmission
the VXR8 is able to hit 60 mph in just 4.9 seconds. Driver aids
such as the stability system and traction control can be turned off at the flick of a switch.
The Vauxhall VXR8 features impressive 365mm front disc brakes
that slow the car down from 60 mph to a standstill faster than
a Lamborghini Murcielago
or BMW M5.
Satellite navigation and 20-inch wheels are optional extras.
Interior features of the Vauxhall VXR8:
- Electronic climate control incorporating air-conditioning
with variable side-to-side temperature settings.
- 6.5-inch multi-function display colour LCD screen
- Driver's and front passenger's illuminated vanity mirrors
- Sunglasses holder
- Satin chrome-effect interior door handles
- Front and rear passenger assist handles, rear with coat hooks
- Two front reading lights
- Two drinks holders in centre console
- Centre console storage compartment
- Auxiliary power socket in centre console
- Flat-bottom sports steering wheel
Similar and related vehicles:
Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
Vauxhall Monaro VXR